Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Learning Patience

10-29-12
Alright thanks for the baptism picture. The reason why I want this is to share with the investigadores that we have. Sometimes they get a little scared when they are approaching their baptism so showing them a picture of my baptism might get them a little excited ha-ha idk. So this week was pretty tough. Our baptism fell through because he didn’t get married. Gosh it’s so frustrating sometimes. Last Sunday, we were talking and he said last Tuesday for sure he will get married. Nope didn’t happen. We passed by again on Wednesday and he said for sure this Friday. Nope it didn’t happen. We did divisions that day, splits, and I wasn’t there when he said he couldn’t get married on that day. My comp told me when we met up again that he didn’t have money to get married. My comp visited with him with a member of the ward and this guy, his name is Paul, said that he loaned out the money to a friend on Wednesday and now he doesn’t have any money to get baptized. Man I’m glad I wasn’t there; I probably would have freaked out and said something like "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT HAVE MONEY!!! WE HAVE BEEN HERE EVERYDAY AND YOU SAID THAT YOU HAD THE MONEY EVERYDAY!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US SOONER!" ha-ha.  I think this mission is perfect for me; this mission is helping me with my patience so much!! When we are contacting, out of 10 houses, 1 of the houses would say "I’m not interested" 1 of the houses would say " oh yeah come on in!" the other 8 houses would say "oh I’m busy, come back later" well yeah we do usually return to the house and about 99.9 percent of the time, they say, I don’t have time to listen to you message.. . .  Yeah this mission is perfect for me. Really helping me with my patience. 

So no baptisms this week. When we talked to Paul on Sunday, he said Monday or Tuesday for sure he will get married. Oh I sure hope so, we have been at his house a lot preparing him for his baptism, and I would hate to drop him if he can’t get married. 

So Elder Lamarcha called me during the week. Ha-ha they are in the Galapagos Islands right now. They live 5 minutes away from the beach. Wow ha-ha I wanna go there. 

So thanks for the updates with the politics. Like I said the Lamarchas left so I haven’t been getting updates ha-ha yeah I’m pretty sad about that. So let me know the next Monday who you think is going to win. I think the elections are on Tuesday right? Ha-ha something funny happened at church yesterday. There is a gringo couple that goes to our ward that are retired and a living here in Cuenca. I can’t remember their names, but they are from California. So when the last meeting ended, I leaned over to this guy and asked him if he is going to vote. He said no he wasn’t able to fill out the paper work. Ha-ha I asked him who he would of voted for. He told me, ANYONE BESIDES OBAMA. Ha-ha it was so funny watching his mood suddenly change. We are all calm and feeling the spirit, then I ask a question about politics, and the spirit just leaves like that. Ha-ha I couldn’t stop laughing when he said that. Politics really tears you a new one. I would watch politics every day if I could. I think that’s why I was getting so aggravated with the dumbest things when I was home. So yeah that’s the funny story of the week ha-ha.

Nice buck dad!!! Ha-ha he’s not small, he’s really tall! That’s cool you shot him the same spot as me. Did you see any big bucks get taken or see any big bucks far away? Aw man I miss hunting so much! But, I gotta say, the feelings of getting baptisms and watching our (I don’t remember how to say this in English) conversos recientes progress in church and getting a calling. Transito is the second counselor in the primary and Camen is the leader of the single adults. So it’s really cool with that. And Reynarldo received the sacerdocio la semana pasada. So it’s been really cool! I just hope we can get Paul in the water this week.

Alright peace family!! Thanks for the fotos and your prayers cada dià!!! Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment