11-26-12
Hey
so this change is kinda weird. We didn’t have changes last night; no one did in
Cuenca ha-ha. I think we are going to find out tonight though. One of the zone
leaders, Elder Whitney keeps teasing me saying I have changes. So I think that
means I have changes. Idk ha-ha they called us last night. Elder Donis
answered. Elder Whitney said give the phone to Elder Gates. So I thought,
alright this is it my first change!! I answered and Elder Whitney to me he
said, "Elder Gates, tomorrow at 9 30 in the morning, you have to be in
the....... stake center for a meeting" ha-ha oh man I put myself angry
with him. So this morning, everyone was in the stake center. We had our weekly
meeting today, we usually have it on Tuesday but we had it today. So I think
that means we have changes tonight. Ha-ha man its driving me crazy. I just want
to know to where I go. But yeah I’m still in Cuenca. So next week for sure you
will know.
We have one baptism this week on Saturday. His name it Milton and has 9 years. We have been teaching this
family and they want that we baptize there son. Milton hasn't been baptized
so when kids pass 8 years of age, missionaries are in charge of baptizing. So
yeah Cuenca has 1 baptism this Saturday.
So I have a pretty cool story. Yesterday, we were walking to church;
I was wearing my suit and everything. We were walking down a street that has a
lot of annoying dogs, but they have never done anything to us. We walked by and
this big black ugly dog ran up to me barking, and bit at me. It happened so
fast I didn’t have time to react. This dog bit at my leg, and tore my pants. Oh
man yo quise matarlo!! So we went back to the house so I could change. When I
got to the house it hit me, how did the dog not bite my leg? I looked where the
tear was, and my skin was covered by my garment. I though that’s unbelievable. I
mean think about it, my pants are pretty tight on my leg,
and if this dog bit at me, why did it only bite at my pants and not through my
garments or my skin. Idk I think it was a miracle to tell you the truth. This
dog was big, and his eyes are red, and I promise I’m not exaggerating this ha-ha.
It happened so fast, but I think the Holy Ghost told me not to move when
this dog approached me. Maybe if I would have done something, the dog might
have put himself more crazy and maybe attacked me. Nope, I just stood there and
let the dog bite at me and the only damage that happened was my pants. But it’s
not a problem because there’s a tailor in the ward so he fixed my pants up for
free. So there is absolutely no damage done whatsoever. I know without a doubt
that missionaries are protected in the mission. I’m not scared one bit to go to
any sector after what happened. Family, the slim shady is protected by the most
powerful proteccion in the world, the Holy Ghost. And I’m so happy I have this
gift with me always. Thanks for raising me in a Mormon family mom and dad ha-ha
I’m so thankful to be in the church. The real slim shady is going to be
COMPLETELY different when he gets back. I promise you that.
So next week I'll probably be somewhere new. I’ll give you good
details on where I am next week, and to answer you questions, the foto with me
and couch is in the apartment. We have couches ha-ha and I thought mom would
like to see me sleeping on the couch ha-ha. That’s our kitchen, it’s very nice.
And the outside pictures are the apartment and the garden we have. I joke
around with the ZL that I’m going to raise chickens in the backyard ha-ha.
Thanks for the pictures and the emails everyone!! I write Reggie
and Zac pretty often, they are doing well in their mission. Peace!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment