Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Sunday, January 13, 2013

3rd Transfer & Still In Cuenca

12-3-12
1 Of 2 Christmas Packages From Home Arriving Safely
Alright fam so I’m still here in virgin town. we didn’t have changes. So last Tuesday, only one elder left Cuenca. He had 7 months here in Cuenca so presidente sent him somewhere else; I think he’s training right now. so yeah I’m still here with Elder Donis, I’m still in my sector, Alamos. and yeah nothing has changed. I’m kinda ready for a change, but oh well, I think president wants to keep us in our sectors until we finish Christmas. Have I told you how Christmas is here in Ecuador? Well apparently, we don’t leave the house on the 24 or the 25. the reason is this, people are crazy in Ecuador and they like to party a lot in the streets. so president doesn’t want us to leave the house. So yeah Christmas is not going to be fun ha-ha. But, I told Elder Donis we are going to enjoy Christmas. We are going to buy 2 chickens. chop their heads off, and eat them. We are living in the Lamarachas house so we have a garden. so we want to kill the chickens, and roast them outside. Hehehe how neat is that!!! So that’s the plan for Christmas, I’m not just going to do nothing in the house,  I’m going to kill something and eat it.


We had 1 baptism last week. yeah whoo hoo!! his name is Milton. he has 9 years. His family used to be less active so we visited them and tried to activate the family, and while we were over there, we found out that Milton hasn’t been baptized. so that called our attention. We finally got the fam to visit church 2 times and we dunked Milton in the water on Saturday and confirmed him on Sunday. Yup, 1 more baptism!!!! 
Yesterday, we brought a lady to church who has visited the church for over a year. She told us on Saturday that she doesn’t want to get baptized until she feels ready so yesterday, she hears all the testimonies of the ward, and after church, she said that she wants to get baptized on the 15 of Diciembre. So yeah we will have 1 more baptism this month!!! I’m pretty excited about that!
So that’s how our week went. I’m still in Cuenca. ha-ha so I’ve already told Tanner that the people here don’t have a problem with lying. they will just lie straight up and not even care. let me tell you a story, so there I was, we were knocking doors, it was on a Wednesday, we knocked on a door and a lady answered, she told us that her kid died and she wants to know more about what happens after we die, so we told her we would like to teach her, we asked her if we could pass in her house, but she said the usual, "I’m busy come back later" so we thought okay it’s all good, we left her the pamphlet, and left. she wanted us to come back on Saturday. so on Saturday we passed by again. we knocked on the door, and her little daughter answered, we asked her if her mom is home, and she said yes, so we asked her if she could call her, and she said yes, so she left, and like 2 minutes later, she came back and said "Me dijo que no està" which means "she told me that she’s not here" WHY WHY WHY DO PEOPLE LIE!! idk I would like the person to just say, I’m not interested. that would be awesome. but nope they would rather lie and have us waste time. Idk I like the people here, but they need to turn people down rather than lying ha-ha. Idk I was a little upset when that happen, so Idk pray for me so I can have patience with the people ha-ha. 
Okay so I will be in Cuenca for another 5 weeks maybe, I don’t know if I can do it, but I remember something that the owner of ECO insulation said, "I can sell wherever, it doesn’t matter where, I can sell to anyone in anyplace" he didn’t say it exactly like that, but it’s kinda like that. 
 hay que tener esa confianza para que pueda vender el evangelio a todas las personas. estoy aqui pare enseñar and ayudar a las personas para que tengan esta iglesia en sus vidas tambien. voy a trabajar duro para que podamos poner los investigadores en el aqua. peace!!!! gracias por sus cartas y todo!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment