Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Sunday, January 13, 2013

Cow Stomach? . . . Tastes Like Chicken!!


12-10-12

I haven’t been changed yet ha-ha, still here in Cuenca, I think I’ll be here for Christmas, and about Christmas, I have no idea if I can do Skype. The ZL's don’t like us to ask questions about home so yeah I haven’t asked. I imagine we'll be able to do Skype, I don’t know why not. But this is something very important, I won’t be talking to you guys on Christmas, we can’t leave the house all day so we have to stay in the house, but, the next day I’ll be able to talk to you all. I’m sorry, but you are going to have to wait another day. So yeah we will talk on the 26 of December. 

Another thing before I forget, do you guys know a Jeffrey Hicken? The zone leader asked me if I know him because he’s from san jorge ha-ha. St. George. I can’t remember if dad talked to his dad or something idk this Spanish is messing my head up so I can’t think straight ha-ha. let me know if you know him or not, because he was in this mission

So this past week was another tough week, we don’t really have a program so we have had to contact a lot, which really gets me depressed because 99.9 percent of the people say they are busy come back later. ha-ha yeah so we have been doing contacting, visiting members to get referencias, searching for the ancient investigadores, and yeah that’s what we have been doing. we were able to find one person this week; she’s a maid for a member. she has 19 years, has a kid, and lives with her boyfriend, nothing too unusual here ha-ha. she came to church, but left right after sacrament meeting. we went to her house last night to ask her how things went. She liked church, but she told us the boyfriend wants nothing to do with the church, so yeah we can’t do anything about that. 

Alright now that was the bad news of the week, I've got some good news and here it goes; we are going to have a baptism this Saturday!!! yeah oh yeah I’m so happy!!! her name is Lourdes; she has 59 years, a mujer. and yeah she is eager to get baptized.  I’ve got some other good news, the familia Mejia, Carmen and Transito, our converts; well yeah they are doing really good. going to church. and last Sunday, we had lunch at their house, and we ate with the whole family ha-ha. the whole family has gotten A LOT nice with us. They like us coming to their house and want us to pass by more often. maybe in the future, they will get baptized too ojalà!!!

Funny story of the week, I ate something weird yesterday. so we have lunch at Transito and Carmens house each Sunday. yesterday we arrived, they fed us and everything. we I saw the food, the meet looked a little funny, I thought it was just chicken. I was hungry so I ate it without any questions. I liked it ha-ha. so last night, I ask Elder Donis if he liked lunch. he said ya. I then asked him if he liked the chicken. he looked at me and said, "that wasn’t chicken, that was cow stomach." Ha-ha I had no idea what the food was, it tasted good, but a little bit strange ha-ha. So apparently I ate cow stomach. The cow stomach was a million times better than that hot milk! That has been the worst thing I have  eaten and drank in the mission, hot milk without any type of sweetener. 

Okay so that is the week family, a little bit happy this time then last week ha-ha. The president has been stressing a lot on obedience. because the mission has had a lot of problems with obedience, like a lot of problems.  I promise to you all that I will not break the rules. I have learned that when you break the rules, our savior won’t trust us with baptisms.  I’m not here to break rules and have fun, I have 2 purposes here, change myself, and help the church grow and I feel by breaking rules, I wouldn't be able to do either of my purposes. so yeah that’s a heads up to you guys ha-ha.

Okay so  hopefully our baptism will go through this week and hopefully we can find more people . 
Love, Elder Gates
P.s. is Clint dead? I haven’t heard from him in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment