Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Sunday, January 13, 2013

Early Surprise Email on Christmas Eve


12-24-12
(So when I [mom] woke up this morning at 8:00 am, I saw these 2 emails from Shady)

6:59 am
Hey mom are you on? As soon as possible can you call this number, --------------------. Let me know if it works as soon as possible cause I’m here in the cyber waiting ha-ha

7:14 am
Okay so family I will try again in like 3 hours. I don’t want you to feel pressured or nervous, it’s all going to be alright. Just like the song by that one black guy. "Everything it’s going to be alright!" ha-ha we will talk family. Hey just a heads up, we can’t do Skype, but we can talk on Christmas!!!! Yeah!!! Okay I'll come back on line in like 3 or 5 hours. If you want just try that number, if it doesn’t work, we'll figure it out!!! Peace!!!!

. . . . .So I quickly sent Shaydon an email hoping he was still in the internet cafe but no reply to my email. I decided to try the phone number he provided for us to test and I was surprised it started ringing so quickly. I yelled at Jon to come in the room because it was ringing and suddenly after several rings, I was even more surprised to hear a familiar, "hello" on the other end!! Shaydon answered the phone!!!!!!!!!! I said, "Shaydon?" and he said, "ya" and then i screamed and we talked for less than a minute just to finalize the Christmas day phone call that we thought wasn't going to be until the day after Christmas! Shaydon's voice seemed a little bit quiet and nervous and we found out why a little later in his afternoon email to follow . . . .

1:15 pm
Hey so it was fun talking to you guys for 1 minute ha-ha, we were having a meeting with the zone, and then you called and I was like "Elders, I need to leave for a minute" ha-ha I’m glad the phone call work, I was told its not expensive to call us, but I have no idea, maybe you need a calling card a something? I hope you guys weren't too worried what was going to happen. I just want you all to know that tomorrow we are going to talk and we will all forget this whole mess ha-ha because I too was really worried what we were going to do.
 Okay so I’m sorry that we can’t do Skype. I guess we can do Skype, but we would have had to do Skype today. Presidente doesn't want us doing Skype on Christmas, I don’t know why. But he said that we can do Skype today, or we can call you guys tomorrow on Christmas. So I would rather do that, I’m sorry if you were looking forward to seeing me ha-ha but yeah I would rather do the tradition and talk to you guys on Christmas.

Okay so now about the mission. We didn't have any baptisms. I’ll let you know more what happened tomorrow but long story short, the lady and her niece went to Guayaquil and won’t be back until January. So yeah that was pretty upsetting. And yesterday we had 1 person in church. His name is Daniel. He has 13 years and isn't a member. His parents are less active and the bishop said we can baptize Daniel if his parents go to church. So that’s the problem, the parents don’t want to go to church so we can’t do anything with Daniel. This kid is awesome, he went to church on his own yesterday so I wish we could baptize him, but unfortunately, no we cannot.

Okay so tomorrow we will be talking, thank you for the pictures that were sent to me by you guys. Ha-ha that’s awesome that Santa clause was throwing me around. I wish I was there but it’s all good. I hope you guys had a great party yesterday, yesterday was fun here in Ecuador ha-ha.



Okay so once again, I’m extremely sorry but this whole thing. That friend of Bryce called us this morning and told me that you guys were worried. I felt horrible; I guess I should have broken the rules on Saturday to let you know. Oh well, it will all be good tomorrow. Okay so call me at 10 o clock your time. I think it’s a 2 hour difference so we will be talking at 12 here ha-ha. Love you guys!!! I hope you guys have a merry Christmas in the morning!!!!!! Peace!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment