3-24-14
Hey how are you all
doing this week!! I hope you have had a fantastic week. I’m enjoying my time a
lot here in Pasaje. We had a very good week. We found a lot of people this past
week. A member gave us a reference and this reference gave us 2 other
references and now the 3 teenagers are preparing to be baptized on the 12 of April.
They went to church yesterday so I think we are going to bring up their date
for the 5 of April. They are really excited for their baptism. A guy went to
church on Sunday, he’s 36 years old. He´s separated from his wife and had a
problem with drinking. We have a date with him for this 5 de April as well. We
could have a possibility of having 8 baptisms on the 5 of April. We just need
to play are cards right, obey with exactness, and have faith... that´s the
secret of this work, working with faith. I have all the faith in the work that
we can have these baptisms. I understand that God is involved in the work more
than us so I know if I work hard enough with faith, believing that God will
help me, I know I can end the mission and reach my goal. And I
have all the desire to do it also!! I don’t care how much time I got in the mission,
I’ve been called for 2 years to teach and baptize, and I
will do it for the WHOLE 2 years.| My Buddies |
| The Zone ~ Santa Rosa North |
Okay so now to respond
about the heart breaking news.... I cannot believe that my Buddy Edson has
passed away, we are great friends and everything, I remember he was at my
farewell talk and at all the parties we had... he´s a great friend!! I love
that guy to death and I know we´ll see each other again!!
![]() |
| Good Buddies - Shaydon & Edson - 2.1.12 |
| Shady's doggs at Edson's graveside - Austin & Zac Benson |
I know that god is
always watching us with each decision that we make. Last week we went to a kids
house that I knew was going to progress, he woke up early to go to church and
everything, I thought he had a great time in church, but we went by on Thursday
and he told us that he doesn’t want anything to do with the church. I was angry
and sad at the same time, I just said to my companion; let’s find more people
to teach. And that same day we found and put 4 new baptismal dates. I know that
god watches us and sees how we react to the trials in life. If we focus on the
negative part of the trial and not try to look for a solution, we will never
have success and never reach to the potential we have. This mission has taught
me SO MUCH about life, I'm truly in the best mission in the world, I can say
that to any return missionary in the world and say that phrase without doubting
because I truly believe I'm in the best mission in the world, I have a great
Mission President, I'm in a place where the people are really humble and
loving, the food isn’t the best but I don’t care!! Because I love it.
Thanks so much for the email. The point of this email is to just
let you know that I’m fine. With the lost of my Gran amigo, I can handle this
and finish my mission strong. I love you guys so much!! Don’t worry too much
about this Gringo here in Pasaje, I'm absolutely loving my time here in the end
of my mission!!! Have a great week!! Don’t do anything stupid hahaha!!!!!!
Cordialmente, Elder Gates
***39
Pictures attached:
All
the pictures for the week. I had some exciting news last week. I saw a monkey. His
name is Luis. You guys know me.. I’m not afraid to ask for permission. We asked
for permission to take picture and he let us ha-ha. It was awesome!!! But yeah
here are some pictures for you guys this week!!

No comments:
Post a Comment