3-17-14
The Streets of Pasaje
Hey guys how are you doing. Well I believe I am in my grave now...... I know where I will be dying in my mission.... yes I had changes.... yes I changed sectors.... ha-ha I think I had the last changes of my mission... I’m currently in a very very nice city called Pasaje. Pasaje is really cool. I returned to one of my old zones. Do you remember Santa Rosa? Well yeah I came back here ha-ha. Pasaje is a little city outside of Santa Rosa. There is probably like 50 thousand people here something like that. There are 8 missionaries here in this city. It’s cool; they are all really young missionaries. Do you remember Elder Bohorquez? My child that I raised in Puerto Nuevo? Well yeah he is here ha-ha as senior companion. There are 2 branches here in Pasaje. Pasaje 1 and Pasaje 2. I’m in Pasaje 2 so it’s going to be fun. I’m currently District leader hahaha Presidente is going to let me die here in peace. There are no more missionaries in our group as zone leaders. We have all been assigned as Districts leaders and we are going to peacefully die ha-ha. I cannot believe I have 71 days left. I’m not trunky what so ever. . . . I guess Pasaje is one of the most producing sectors in the mission. There are a lot of baptisms here. I just noticed my first few days. We have found a ton of people that want to get baptized. So yeah I know with god’s help we will be able to have 100 baptisms in these 2 years. That’s my goal. I’m going to do everything possible to make that happen. . . . .
| New Companion Elder Barney From Draper UT |
Okay so my new comp is named Elder Barney. He is from Utah, from Draper I think. He arrived in the mission when I left the office, so like December 31 ha-ha. So yeah he knows me as the guy that picked him up in the airport. He’s really cool, he´s very ready to learn and very humble about it. I’m trying to leave my ideas with a few missionaries before I leave ha-ha. But yeah I’m not sure how long we will be companions for... President is doing a lot of changing around ha-ha.
Okay so I just have a quick question about College, are there grants still available on how am I going to get schooling all organized. I think I’m just going to get my associates degree in Dixie State then see where life takes me ha-ha. I don’t know if I have to be doing something in order to get ready for the fall semester, maybe someone can help me out because there isn´t much I can do here ha-ha thanks!
So yesterday I gave a talk in the sacrament meeting. I talked about the mission work and the obedience. Ha-ha I also shared the story when I burnt a hole in the carpet. I said that I wasn´t obedient and there were some major consequencias. Ha-ha there were quite a few laughs in the crowd. But yeah the talk went well. Talking is a very good way of winning the confidence of the members. I think the members love me now ha-ha.
Okay family we aren’t going to have baptism this week and maybe not the next week either. there really wasn’t many people that Elder Barney and his old companion were teaching, they didn´t really leave me with anyone.... but yeah I like finding my own people and baptizing so pray hard for us so that we can have a great month of April. I have a goal of having 20 baptisms in one month.... CLARO QUE SI ES POSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
Okay family have a great week. I’m glad everything is going well there in the United States of America, how is Obama doing? The new gringos here in Pasaje told me that it’s legal for gays to get married in Utah...... PLEASE TELL ME THAT’S A JOKE!!
Have a great week!!!!!
ANSWER TO DAD’S QUESTIONS:
Missionaries usually average at like 40-60 baptisms here in Ecuador. Depends in the area they have served and ALOT depends on their manner of working. It’s all about being obedient and having faith that you can do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment