Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Friday, July 13, 2012

Having Fun With Spanish -

7-11-12Hey family! Thanks for all the emails you sent!! It’s nice hearing that everything at home is going good. Yes mom, I’ve been receiving the dear elders ha-ha. They are supposed to come on Wednesday but we get them literally once a week, we don’t know which day they get here so it’s anxiously exciting to get them. That’s cool that Curtis and Dallin got their mission calls. I haven’t met anyone from Uruguay here; missionaries usually come from Ecuador, Peru, Argentina and Chile. Which reminds me, every time I meet a missionary from Chile, I always say "Cachai" ha-ha. I’m not sure that’s how you spell it, but Tanner should know what it is. The word that I always laugh at ha-ha. Its great though, that’s awesome they’re deciding to serve missions.

So today we went to the temple again. I tried saying everything in Spanish but then I would mess up and just read the card. Spanish really is going good here.
 

 Estoy proggresando cada dia. I was buying a tooth brush today at their Wal-Mart. It's called totus and I was talking to the lady salesperson there. ha-ha it was fun. I just try to have fun with the language. You know me, trying to make things a good time. I find that when you have a good time and have fun with things, you learn it a lot faster. Other elders would freak out because they forgot the grammar and such, I just laugh when I mis-pronunciate a word or don’t conjugate the word correctly. THATS THE SECRET!! ha-ha its fun though. So Jaxon, guess what I did on Monday?  Me, and a couple of other elders named all 151 Pokémon from the 1st generation!! I wasn’t wasting time because it was during our gym time ha-ha.  So Clint, you are looking like a stud out there on the mound! I hope you liked your letter, I wrote it with the f-402 zebra pen. It’s the top of the market pen, very good quality ha-ha. This mission is making me incredibly dumb.  I didn’t take any pics today but I’ll send some pics of my trip last week. love you guys!! Thanks for todo las cosas han hecho!! La iglesia es verdadera!!! Yo sé que con mi corazón!! adios!!!
P.S. the British are coming
p.s.s. I’m not sure what my travel plans are yet for Ecuador but I know I’m flying for sure. Peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment