Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, July 9, 2012

Sad Bout KJ


6-27-12
"Wow, I don’t even know what to say right now. Getting news like this really isn’t easy through email. I didn’t know KJ very well other than he's been to our house a couple of times.  He definitely seemed like a great kid and  baseball  player. Wow this is so sad, I’m so sorry Clint. I could only imagine how you feel right now. Clint, the church is true. Yesterday I was reading the testimonies from Martin Harris, David Whitmer, and Oliver Cowdery. It was in that missionary guide pal book thingy that mom gave me. In this testimony, I believe all of them were on their death beds giving their testimony. Every one of them said to follow the Book of Mormon, follow the prophet, & follow the spirit. I can’t remember which one said this but they said that if you follow the Book of Mormon teachings, you’ll be in the celestial kingdom. Don’t quote me on that, but it’s sorta similar.  I know without a doubt that KJ's happy right now. He’s probably visiting with family members. Wow I’m kinda getting teary right now thinking about when it’s our time to go. We will be able to visit with Grandpa Goodwin and Gates. I hope his family is handling this well, I don’t know what I would of done if I got news about one of my brothers passing away. I would definitely be one emotional gringo. But Clint, I know with all my heart that KJ is happy right now, I have a strong testimony about that."
Clint & Best Friend KJ Harrison

"Alright so how’s it going with you all? Things are going great here. I’m glad you got my letter last week. I can’t remember what I said, I do remember talking about the food here though ha-ha. The food here is so good. Every meal is delicious. The chicken and beef is unreal ha-ha. So remember when I said I will be losing weight, well I’m not. I’m actually one fat gringo right now loving life. Ha-ha I’m not getting much exercise either, I usually just play ping pong during my gym time ha-ha. So have you guys figured out how to send letters through salt lake? There’s a way but I’m not sure how to do it. But anyways I will try to send a letter every Saturday night so you guys can get it by Friday or Saturday. I sent one on Saturday talking about proselyting in Lima. I only have five more minutes so I won’t talk much about it, but I will say that it was awesome and fun. Great experience. Dang so the computers here are kinda slow so when I scroll down to read more from your letter, it freezes for 10 seconds, that waste a lot of time of my email time.  The mission is definitely not easy but I love my time here in the MTC. Don’t take that offensively ha-ha I just love it here. We did temple session again today, I could say the veil stuff a lot better in Spanish. My Spanish has probably tripled since I’ve been here in Peru. My goal is to be fluent in the religious side of Spanish by October. It’s frustrating when you study all day, then when you try to speak it, you only made a little progress. Oh well ha-ha I’ve done harder things. I would rather learn a new language then to wrestle ha-ha.  Love you guys. I’ll be praying for KJs family and you guys. I’m so sorry to hear about this, but he’s happy now in heaven. I have a testimony about that. Alright love you guys. Write to ya next week!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment