Hey so this is kinda another late email, sorry about that. Well just wanted to say this was a kinda tuff week. We found out that 2 of our really strong investigadors can’t get baptized because their husbands won’t let them. Let’s start with Arianna; Arianna has 20 years, with 2 boys. She has gone to church 2 times and wants to continue going to church. She needed to get married so that was her problem. We talked to her husband last week and we found out he was an idiot, and that he has read books of Satan, and has other women in Machala, and doesn't want to get married. Alright did that make sense ha-ha. So a week ago Sunday after church, Arianna told us that her boyfriend changed her mind and wants to get married so that was awesome and we got really excited. We tried to teach her martes, miercoles, and jueves pero no pudimos enseñarle. Entonces, pasamos allí oltra vez viernes para que pudiéramos enseñarle lo que le falta. Translation: (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday but could not teach. Then, once we were there on Friday, we could teach him what he lacks) We were finally able to talk to her, but she gave us bad news. she told us that her boyfriend wants to get married for the 11 of Octubre, but that he doesn't want anything to do with the church and that he forbids her to get baptized or attend church. That was pretty tough hearing that. So that’s what happened with Arianna. And now Saturday we were going to have a baptism for this lady se llama tránsito. She was all ready for baptism; she has the desire, the testimony, and the spirit. She loves the church and feels peace when she prays, goes to church, and reads the BOM. So she was all set to go for Saturday, but a rule in the mission is the spouse has to get permission from the husband. So she asked her esposo si puede baptizarse para el 29 de Septiembre. Her husband dijo, es no necesario que tenga otro bautismo. Translation: ( husband if she can be baptized for September 29. Her husband said, it is not necessary to have another baptism.) He never said no, but he never said yes. and predicad mi evangelio dice que (Preach My gospel says) the spouse needs to have a yes for baptism. So when we found out this, we asked her if she could talk to her husband again. She didn't want to because apparently she has fear of her husband, he beats her and leaves for nights to go drink and be with other women. He doesn't provide for the family or nothing. I'm sorry but all I can think of is bad words for this man! So then we found this out, we agreed and the zone leaders agreed that we need to talk to the husband. so we passed by there one night, I think Wednesday and the husband was there. He was upstairs watching fútbol. We asked this lady if she can ask him if he wants to come down. She didn’t want to but she finally agreed so she went upstairs. Oh by the way, this lady has like 50 years. So she went upstairs and we couldn't really hear what she said, but we could really hear the husband. ESTOY OCUPADO!!!!! wow I wanted to run upstairs and deck this guy in the face when I heard him yell at his wife like that. This guy is awful and this lady is the sweetest lady in the world. Every time we go there, she always gives us food and treats us great. she wants to get baptized, but her husband is the problem. We talked to the leaders of the zone if she can get baptized but they said no because they don’t want problems in the family. I would say there are already problems with the family. We didn't give up, we went by there again on Friday but the husband wasn't there so we just talked more about the book of Mormon with this lady. At the end of the lesson, this lady told us that her husband is going to kick her out of the house if she continues to take lessons and attend church. Oh man I feel so bad for this lady. Obviously there isn't any love there between the two people, but this lady doesn't have anywhere else to go. So yeah that’s where we were at with our two investigadors who has fechas (dates). It was pretty sad when we found out about their situations.
But we had some success this week too. We
got another fecha (date) with a 19 yr old guy who wants to be baptized. His dad has
been a member for 5 years so this kid has support from his family. He will be
getting baptized the 13 of October, right before the change ends so if I don’t
get changed, we’ll for sure have a baptism with him porque él has gone to
church 2 times. And another date we have for the 13 of October is the coolest
guy I have ever met, se llama Manuel. ha-ha this guy is going to be a bishop
someday. He has to go to church . . . .
. . . . . . Sorry I accidentally hit send ha-ha.
So this guy has to go to church 2 more times. So we are going to really scare
him to death and let him know that he has to go to Generaly Conferencia. So that’s
where we are at. We have 2 pretty sure fechas (dates) for the 13 of Octubre. This Manuel
guy has a wife who I think will change her mind and get baptized for the 13 of October.
I think if she listens to Presidente Monson, she will change her mind.
So I got some good news, I finally received
the Lake Powell package!! Ha and all the dear elders!! Oh wow I was so excited
getting like 9 letters and the package from Lake Powell. I guess it took about
2 month’s right? That’s all good. Ha-ha so I think you should probably send my Christmas
package somewhere around 15 of Octubre.
So this computer that I’m on doesn’t
send fotos. We have to go to another computer anyway so that we can print
fotos. So I’ll send you pictures probably in 45 minutes. Thanks for everything
family!!!
And I read the email about Clint’s
injury. That’s too bad. What arm was it? I hope all is well with him.
Love,
Elder Gates
No comments:
Post a Comment