1-21-13
Hey so I’m here in Guabo still ha-ha. Ok first, I’m going to answer questions. Guabo isn’t so much of a farming community. There aren’t too many farms here in Guabo. But, there are a lot of banana trees and a lot of Banana fields. So yeah I’m not sure if that counts as farming but yeah that what’s here.
Ok so this past week was way fast. We had a baptism on Saturday. His name is Diego Cañar. He has 19 years. We passed by on Tuesday so see if he was still excited, and yeah he said he wasn’t sure if he wants to be baptized. I guess Diego used to have problems with alcohol and tobacco. So he’s worried he’s going to drink or smoke again if he gets baptized. We just told him that by being baptized, you will have a guide with you that will help and give you promptings of what to do. We also told him we always sin, so if you fall into temptacion, you can always get repent and get back on the straight and narrow path. Well he chose to be baptized, and was baptized on Saturday and got confirmed and Sunday. So yeah I’m really excited about that. I will send pictures.
| Diego Cañar |
| Diegos Familia |
Okay so I have a funny story. So on Thursday, I went to Machala
to have interchanges. The district leader came to Guabo so he could fulfill the
interview. I went to Machala and hung out with his comp. his comp is of my
group, Elder Arriaga. Ha-ha so yeah we worked together on Thursday. Okay right
now I’m in Machala. The hour is 2 PM, we just finished eating lunch. We went to
a store so Elder Arriage could buy something. He was in the store for like 5
minutes. Then we left. And I swear the minute we left, the feeling hit
me....... I had to go to the bathroom!!!!!! I have never had these feelings so
bad. I immediately asked my comp where the nearest bathroom was. He said really
far away. I asked him where the nearest chapel was. He said really far away. I
told him, yo tengo que defecar!!!! He started laughing then we started running.
We were far away from everything. I was going to have an accident. But suddenly, Elder Arriage said, hey there is a bathroom there in this person’s backyard. I
asked him if he knew the family. He said no but let’s go anyway. Ha-ha okay so
we went running to this outhouse of a family that we didn’t know. We knocked on
the door. Asked them if I could use the bathroom. She said yeah. I entered, the
bathroom that smelt like crap. And that’s not
the best part. There wasn’t toilet paper! I yelled at Elder Arriaga and told
him there isn’t paper!! He said okay I'll go buy some. He left me there and went
and bought toilet paper ha-ha. He just left! He came back, and yeah I was relieved. This story was horrible but so glad it turned out fine with a bathroom in site!
Okay so that’s my story of the week, I hope you liked. And I
will try to send letters to you guys maybe in Febrero. Okay thanks for the
letters. I’m thankful for all your support. I’m glad to hear basketball is
going well with Jaxon. Keep it up bud. And I will be praying for Cass para
que tenga paz y consuelo. okay thanks family for everything, I will send pics.
bye!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment