Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Special Baptism

1-14-13
Hey so I’m still in Machala!!! Actually where I’m at right now is a small city next to Machala called Guabo. Yes, Guabo is the name of the city. This city is pretty big; there are only 2 missionaries here, me and Elder Montesinos. I’ve asked members how many people live here; they say about 4,500 people somewhere around there. So yeah we have a pretty big sector. And actually where I’m working at isn't a ward, it’s a Rama (Branch). I’m not sure what the name is in English, but in Spanish, it’s a Rama. And yeah it’s awesome here.
Mission Leader Hermano Soto
Hermano Mendoza
Okay so let me explain how this place is, I’m going to start with the house; I hope I answer all the questions. First, the plumbing is good. On Sunday we had to wake up at 6 so we could get ready and take the investigadores to church, so we woke up and there was no water ha-ha. So we had to wait the usual time, around 630 to shower. So yeah here it’s a little different, sometimes there isn't water, but that was the only time we haven’t had water. Number 2, yes we have mamitas here that cook for us. We have a family who were baptized last year in August. They are awesome; they are called the family Mendoza. They are so nice to us. They give us food every night and lunch on Tuesday and Friday. So here it’s different, we have dinner every night. So don’t worry I’m getting fed good here ha-ha. Okay so the members are cool here. Ha-ha I have to tell you a story. I’m not sure if I told you, but do you remember Ariana ? I think I talked about her on the tapes I sent. . . . .  okay so around the 10th of November, a month later from when she left, we were sitting in the church getting ready for sacrament meeting, and we see Arianna walk in. we were like "Ariana... your back, it’s good to see you but what are you doing here ha-ha" she told us she was baptized  in Guabo. Her dad baptized her, and yeah. So we asked her again. "Are you just visiting Cuenca?" she said no she is living  here again but everything is good now because she finally got married. Okay so that’s the story of Ariana. So when I get here in Guabo, I wasn’t sure what ward Ariana was in. so I asked my comp if he knew her, he said yeah, her dad lives here in Guabo. Ha-ha oh man I was surprised; Apparently Ariana got baptized here in Guabo, where I’m at right now. I talked to her dad on Sunday and told him everything. Ha-ha I thought it was pretty funny. So that's the story of the week.

 So on Friday, we had one baptism!!! His name is Roberto, he has 17 years, and he’s a little special. It was an awesome baptism. The dad of the family Mendoza, he baptized Roberto. It was such an awesome experience. The spirit was definitely there when this special spirit of God was baptized. Every time I See Roberto, he always says "Hermano como esta!!!!" ha-ha its awesome. I hope he can serve some type of mission some day. Maybe work in the stake center or do something. I’d be more than happy to pay for his mission if he decides to go. It was an awesome experience. I think he is going to receive the priesthood next Sunday so he will be able to bless the sacrament. 

No comments:

Post a Comment