Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, March 25, 2013

February News -

2-4-13
Okay so how’s it going? First, I would like to answer dad’s questions, my comp is legit. We are working hard together and getting things done, and I will take pics of the city, but right now I don’t have any.

Okay so how is everything going over there in the other part of the world? Ha-ha I completely forgot about sports I haven’t even thought about football in a while. That’s cool the Ravens won I guess ha-ha. So I would like to comment first on what you have mentioned to me. 
The former Elder Richins who served in same mission as Shayd 1 year earlier
That’s awesome you got to talk to an elder that served here in my mission ha-ha. I will definitely ask members if they remember an Elder Richins. The ward mission leader in our Rama keeps fotos of all the missionaries that have passed by. I will ask him tonight if he remembers an Elder Richins.  Oh and I received all of the dear elders from the past 5 weeks, it was nice rereading about everything that is happening in San Jorge ha-ha.
 

Okay so I've got some bad news of what happened. Our investigador Hugo wasn't able to get baptized this week. Still hoping he'll keep working towards baptism. But I have some good news, we baptized the oltra investigadora. Her name is Julissa. I had to baptize her 2 times because her foot came out of the water ha-ha, I will send pics. oh and this week, we are going to have 1 baptisms for sure, and maybe 1 more if we can talk to this kids mom. Hahira we are baptizing a lot of kids right now, but that’s okay because these kids are family members with members in the church. so it’s all good ha-has.
Julissa

This past week was really fast. time is flying by here. we went to KFC today in Machala. I eat 7 pieces of chicken. I enjoyed it a lot
Okay thanks for the emails! I will work hard and get people in the water this Saturday. peace!!!


2-11-13
Hey guys so I’m incredible sorry, but I won’t be able to tell you what happened last week. It’s a holiday today so we have to be locked up in the house all day and tomorrow, no time to write. Firstly, I had changes, I’m now in Guayaquil. I don’t understand either, I guess president wants me here now in Guayaquil. I’m in a zone called Cisne; I’m not sure what the ward is called. My companion is name Elder Viteri from Argentina. I promise next week will be better. I won’t be able to read either. Okay I’m off. Don’t worry, I got lucky again and got put in a really calm sector again. Okay goodbye!!!
Elder Viteri
2-18-13
Subject: hey it’s your son
HEY I GOT TRANSFERS AGAIN!!!!                   Ha-ha no I’m still in Guayaquil. okay so Guayaquil is pretty different, in Guabo, it’s more of a field looking type place, more mud, more space, more chickens in the streets ha-ha, here, it’s a city. Guayaquil is the biggest city here; I haven’t seen any banana trees or anything. Right now, I’m in a zone called Cisne, and my ward is called Batallón. This ward is pretty big.  But yeah there are a ton of less actives here in this part. My comp name is Elder Viteri; he’s from Argentina, in a city called Mar Del Plata. I asked him if he knows the mission of Riley and he said yeah. Ha-ha he said it’s a beautiful place and hot ha. But yeah my comp said it’s a cool place, so that’s going to be awesome for Riley  Tell him congrats. 

Okay family so the mission is going through a whole lot of changes right now. As of today, 1 change is only going to be 3 weeks long. They are changing the changes so that more missionaries can enter the field. Apparently the mission is over filled with missionaries ha-ha. I know in this mission, it’s going to have 70 people more. From 180 to 250. It’s going to be really different. It's also rumored that I'll be coming home 3 weeks earlier to make space for all the new missionaries but the key word is might be.

 Okay family we are going to have 1 baptism this Saturday for sure. We might have another if we can sign a permission slip from a dad. There is this kid that has 9 years, he’s not a member, but he goes to church with his grandma, his dad is a member, but doesn’t go to church. So what we are going to do is try to get him to sign this permission so he can get baptized. Idk pray for us ha-ha.

This sector is really cool; there are a lot of baptisms here. I’m with an elder from my group, he’s awesome. We are going to work hard to get this sector back up to its prime. It’s a little low right now, okay gracias por to do family. Peace!!!


2-25-13
 Hey family!!! Wow that’s crazy that they are adding another mission to Guayaquil. You know, I’m not exactly sure what cities are going to pertain to this mission. I think Machala and Santa Rosa will be a part of the mission. They are on the coast, a little bit south though. But that’s interesting though. Presidente Montalti leaves here soon in June. He has done a lot for the mission he works really hard for us. He may not write emails to us or to you guys’ ha-ha, but he is always having meetings to help us with our teaching, he’s always analyzing ways to teach better. He’s always helping. And he does something that I like; he chews people when they don’t work. Here in Guayaquil, everyone wants to talk to you and learn and there is a very good part of the people that want to be baptized too. So when a missionary isn’t having success, president lets them know they need to work harder.This mission has a lot of baptisms each month. I think this month we are going to have like 250 baptisms. So yeah it’s growing really fast here. The people here are super receptivo (receptive) and the mayoria (majority) of the people want to change their lives. So yeah it’s been an interesting mission ha-ha.

We had 2 baptisms last week. There’s a less active family that has a 10 old boy that isn’t baptized. First, they didn’t want him to get baptized, but we convinced him and baptized him ha-ha. Then we had a 14 year old girl who also wants to be baptized. So yeah it was a good week. We had 9 people go to church yesterday, it looks like we are going to have at least 4 baptisms on the 9th of marzo (March).

This ward is really cool; we taught 23 lessons last week. We do a lot of interchanges. I leave with a member and teach like 4 people. And my comp does the same. We have only taught like 1 lesson together in 2 weeks ha-ha. It’s been fun here. I think elder viteri is leaving soon. He’s been here for 6 months in this sector ha-ha. 

I’m glad to hear everything is going good there. Man I was getting excited every day last week. I kept on saying to the members that I could be an uncle right now ha-ha. It looks like next week or this week the baby will come. Okay my camera died last week so I’m charging it right now. I will send pictures next week. Everything is good here. I’m in the city right now so not as much mud. We are going to have full exito (success) in March. I’m excited and happy ha-ha. Estoy feliz. Alright family I will be praying extra hard for my grandmas. I hope everything is okay with the 2. Okay family thanks for everything. Peace!!!!!

ANSWER TO DAD’S QUESTIONS:
My new apartment is really nice, a lot nicer than the house in el Guabo. I will take pictures next week. It’s pretty humid here; it has been raining a lot. The area I’m in is pretty poor. The members sacrifice a lot for the missionaries, and I’m like 20 minutes from the mission home. And no I haven’t heard about the new mission president










No comments:

Post a Comment