4-28-14
| Galapagos District |
Okay
family so I got some interesting news for this week ha-ha. So this week we had
an exciting conference, the Area president came and talked to us this week. He
came to Ecuador, but didn’t have any plans on traveling to the Galapagos. So President
decided to bring all of the missionaries from the Galapagos so they can be in
the training. The 4 missionaries from Santa Cruz and the 2 missionaries from
San Cristobal traveled down to the continent on Wednesday and we had the
meeting on Thursday...
| A Picture Of Us Heading Down To The Continent |
. . This is where the story gets interesting. I guess May is
a hard month to get flights organized and everything and president doesn't want
me to accidentally get stuck on the island, so he decided to leave me here in the Continent so there won’t be any problems getting another missionary out to the
island to replace me, and so that I don’t get stuck in the island while you
guys travel down to pick me up. That’s a reason, and another reason is that
they would have to spend money getting to the island, than in one month
they would have to bring me back because I’d be ending the mission.... so
they did what makes sense.... they sent another missionionary to replace me and I’m
back in the best sector in the mission..... PASAJE!!!! Ha-ha I came back to the
sector where I was going to end the mission. This is the sector where I was at
right before going to the Galapagos. I get here and I find out that the 5
baptismal dates I left here, everyone got baptized. Hahaha all the people that
I was teaching got baptized, I’ve been visiting them and they all say
"ELDER GATES YOU RETURNED!!" ha-ha it`s been awesome!! I can’t
wait to visit people in other sectors with you guys. I’m so psyched in going to
Cuenca... that’s going to be a lot of fun!! So yeah I’m back here in Pasaje...
but you know what, I’m happy. There is a lot of success here, Galapagos was by
far the most beautiful sector that I have been in, and the members there are so
legit.
But I absolutely love the branch where I’m at right at, I’m actually serving as 1st counselor in the branch hahaha, it’s legit. I counted tithing on Sunday. I’m currently serving with Elder Maravilla. He`s from El Salvador. he`s cool. He was with Elder Barney (My last companion) and they baptized everyone that I left ha-ha. So yeah its fun being with someone who baptized everything.
| the first counselor of the branch. he`s my buddy |
But I absolutely love the branch where I’m at right at, I’m actually serving as 1st counselor in the branch hahaha, it’s legit. I counted tithing on Sunday. I’m currently serving with Elder Maravilla. He`s from El Salvador. he`s cool. He was with Elder Barney (My last companion) and they baptized everyone that I left ha-ha. So yeah its fun being with someone who baptized everything.
Okay so last week we baptized a girl named Alejandra she`s
17. She is really cool. We are teaching her brother now. Her brother is 19 and
could be a future missionary. We`ll see what happens with him.
President Torres talked to me a little bit in the meeting we had
with the Area president Elder Uceda. He pulled me to the side and said
"You know I thought you were going to end the mission there, but I know
there is someone waiting for you in Pasaje." Elder Ashton told me he felt
bad bring me back from Galapagos because I was there for 1 month but you know,
I know president Torres receives revelacion. I get here in Pasaje and we went
and visited a less active family, it’s a mom with her 4 daughters, she`s been
inactive for 14 years and she finally went to church for the first time in 14
years with all of her daughters on Sunday, we had a family home evening and I
shared 3 Nephi 14 24-27. This is the parable of Jesus Christ with the Wise man
and the foolish man. Ha-ha I shared that we need to be founded upon the rock,
it was really cool. The mom cooked me a cake for my birthday.... ha-ha it was
awesome.
The Sisters Made Me A Cake For My Birthday - It Was An Apple Cake
| It Was Their Birthday |
I showed them a pic of the family and the mom thinks Dad is good
looking...... so yeah watch out dad when we go visit them hahaha just
kidding... but I was thinking last night... is this the family that president
needed me to teach? I may not be baptizing them but we are bringing them back
to church so maybe this is the family that I was sent her to teach. They are
awesome!!! If we have time... we need to stop here in Pasaje and visit the
people here also.
Well I learned a lot of good things from the meeting from Elder
Uceda. He said that we need to trust Jesus Christ in all things. If we do that,
he promises us we will have success in life in whatever we do. He also said
something interesting... "There are no Disobedient gods in the
heavens...." that really called my attention. I was really happy that I
was able to hear his training. It gets me excited to finish my mission strong
and start my life strong.. I plan on being a billionaire just to let you guys
know :).
Okay family thanks so much for the emails!!! I love you guys a
lot!!! We`ll be talking on mother’s day soon then we`ll be together soon ha-ha. Oh and I was only
able to buy 2 t-shirts from Galapagos. I didn`t get to buy anything else
because I was in a huge hurry!! Just to let you know, that Iguana Statue cost
400 dollars, it’s made by hand and it was being sold in the airport so yeah
that explains it... but I promise you we will buy something really cool in
Guayaquil!!!!
Have a great week!!! Exito esta semana!!!! cuidense mucho!!
No comments:
Post a Comment