3-31-14
Okay guys so I’ve got some pretty big news..... This
is a pretty big deal..... I had transfers once again.... and you’re not going
to believe where I’m at.. I’ll give you a hint, it rhymes with de falapagos!!! Ha-ha
I’m currently on a tropical paradise on the island Santa Cruz in Galapagos!!!! Hahahahahahhahaha
I finally made it here!! I cannot believe! ha-ha so this is was happened, I was
sitting at my house planning on Monday night, I get a call from the zone leader
saying that I had changes, first I thought he was kidding, so I called my buddy
Elder Ashton to ask him if I really had changes, he told me yes it is true, I
then asked him if I was in trouble or something, he was kidding around saying
yeah president is mad at me, then he told me "but I promise you
will like where you are going" I went to Guayaquil the next day and the assistants
told me that I had transfers to the Galapagos. Ha-ha I’m not going to lie.. It’s
pretty freakin legit here!! I’ve seen a butt load of turtles here. first thing
is first, we aren't supposed to take a lot of pictures because we can’t look like
tourist, another thing, we aren´t allowed to go to the beach, I guess there was
problems not too long ago with missionaries going to the beach, so yeah we
aren´t allowed. They have told me that if we have a lot of baptisms in one day,
we can baptize in the ocean ha-ha.
 |
| Me with Elder Ashton waiting for my flight to leave |
 |
| Elder Larsen - Finance Secretary |
 |
| Elder Larsen Jealous of my Ticket to the Galapagos |
 |
| In the airport with my ticket - elder Ashton |
Secondly, we have a very nice piece of
technology called the bicycle here. This bike is amazing. My rear end is
hurting..... (That’s what.... no I can’t say that I’m a missionary) and yeah
its paradise here. I’m not going to lie, the members here are legit. The
attendance is like 100 here so yeah president wants to divide the branch here
to 2 branches. He told me to really focus on priesthood holders here so I will
be focusing on baptizing priesthood holders.
I’m glad to hear everything is going good at
home, I will write and send more pictures next week to let you know how I’m
doing. My new companion is named Elder Cabrera, he´s from Argentina, Rosario. He
has 10 months in the mission, he´s really cool.
 |
| My Companion Elder Cabrera from Argentina, Rosario |
So if you want to come down to
Ecuador to pick me up I’m down. I was wanting to go home early because of Eco
but I think I’m going to do other stuff and not sell this summer, we´ll see. if
you would like to come down, come on down, I think Elder Ashton already bought
my ticket to go home so I'll have to see what president has to say, I would like
you guys to get to know Cuenca and Guayaquil and of course Galapagos ha-ha.
I love you guys a lot!! Thanks for the letter!! Oh
and you never really asked my questions about college. I would like to know
what my situation is like in college... yeah so if you could figure that out
that would be fantastic!! Thanks so much!! I love you guys!! Have a great
week!!!
Love
Elder Gato
No comments:
Post a Comment