Subject: It's your son again
Hey guys!!! What’s up! Alright so before I get started, I'm going to tell you what’s happening right now. Right now, I’m currently with 2 other elders ha-ha.They call themselves Elder Perez and Elder Munoz. Ha-ha my companion Elder Heaps, left for Guayaquil at 2 in the morning. We were all sleeping at the house of the zone leaders. The house of the zone leaders also has this companionship, Elder Perez and Elder Munoz. All 4 of them live in the same apartment.
Hey guys!!! What’s up! Alright so before I get started, I'm going to tell you what’s happening right now. Right now, I’m currently with 2 other elders ha-ha.They call themselves Elder Perez and Elder Munoz. Ha-ha my companion Elder Heaps, left for Guayaquil at 2 in the morning. We were all sleeping at the house of the zone leaders. The house of the zone leaders also has this companionship, Elder Perez and Elder Munoz. All 4 of them live in the same apartment.
So currently, I have no idea what I’m going to do this week.
Apparently the zone leaders have no idea what I’ll be doing either, I think
they will find out today because they all left for a meeting with the
president. All the zone leaders have a meeting with the president every p-day.
So I’ll probably find out when they get back. The elders I’m with right now are
awesome ha-ha; they both only speak in Spanish so I've been speaking Spanish
ever since this morning. I hope my next compañero is a Latino because I only
want to speak in Spanish.
So not so much happened this past week, we decided to drop our investigator because we couldn’t find her, she needed to get married, her husband is a hard core catholic or something weird, and we haven’t been able to find her. So yeah ha-ha we dropped her. But, we do have 3 people who are very interested. So hopefully we can make something happen next week. Ha-ha I had a funny moment happen to me yesterday. So it was after lunch, and I was giving the spiritual thought, I discussed 2 Nefi, 33:10. I think that’s it, about the BOM are other words of Christ. So I shared that, closed with my testimony, and I was putting my stuff in my backpack when I suddenly heard the words Gay. Gay is the same in Spanish and in English. I look up, turned to my companion and was like are we talking about what I think we are talking about? He said yup. I was so confused. They asked me if I understood and I said, I don’t understand this part of Spanish hahaha. So when we left, I asked Elder Heaps how we started talking about gay people. He said the friend of the mom brought up Obama, then gay people. I don't know why they brought them up after my spiritual thought, but oh well ha-ha I thought it was pretty funny.
So not so much happened this past week, we decided to drop our investigator because we couldn’t find her, she needed to get married, her husband is a hard core catholic or something weird, and we haven’t been able to find her. So yeah ha-ha we dropped her. But, we do have 3 people who are very interested. So hopefully we can make something happen next week. Ha-ha I had a funny moment happen to me yesterday. So it was after lunch, and I was giving the spiritual thought, I discussed 2 Nefi, 33:10. I think that’s it, about the BOM are other words of Christ. So I shared that, closed with my testimony, and I was putting my stuff in my backpack when I suddenly heard the words Gay. Gay is the same in Spanish and in English. I look up, turned to my companion and was like are we talking about what I think we are talking about? He said yup. I was so confused. They asked me if I understood and I said, I don’t understand this part of Spanish hahaha. So when we left, I asked Elder Heaps how we started talking about gay people. He said the friend of the mom brought up Obama, then gay people. I don't know why they brought them up after my spiritual thought, but oh well ha-ha I thought it was pretty funny.
So yeah I don’t really have much to say this week. Elder Heaps has
been pretty trunkie, which means thinking about home a lot this week. It’s all
good though, I’m not mad. I hope my next companion is a Latino though. That
would be cool.
Alright guys I'll try to get
some more work done so I have more to discuss. The food here is great. Like,
really good. I’ve been eating bread a lot and I think I’m around 178 right now.
So everything is going good.
Love,
Elder Gates
No comments:
Post a Comment