Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, September 17, 2012

Back To The Nice Apartment In Alamos, Cuenca


Hey guys! Another week in the mission down! This week was awesome! So about my new comp, he’s of Guatemala and his name is Elder Donis. It’s a funny thing, he’s been out for 17 months and he just barely got made compañero mayor. Ha-ha so he comes here and is like, uh what do you want do to? I was like, uh do you want to visit the bishop, and he’s like yeah yeah that’s a good idea!! So ha-ha I’ve been making the decisions lately ha-ha. But not all the time, he’s really cool! He has 27 years ha-ha. Well almost 27. It’s been fun though, he lets me talk a lot during the lessons so I’ve been getting better with the Spanish. He was in Guayaquil for 17 months so when he came here, he was like wow its cold ha-ha so he’s getting adjusted to the temperature here. So yeah I’m currently in Alamos again. This sector is the sector that I started in so it’s good to be back. I love my apartment so much ha-ha. It’s so nice and has three bathrooms so it’s a nice change being here. Yeah so that’s how the transfers went. Apparently the president likes to do transfers during the change. Por ejemplo, elder McRae, the elder who is the zone leader and who I was with for 3 weeks left this morning. Ha-ha so yeah changes can happen any time. I’m pretty confident that the president will leave me here in Cuenca for this change, maybe even another so that I can get my Spanish better. Cuenca isn’t the best area in the mission ha. The sectors in Guayaquil and Machala and Santa Rosa are a lot better. Cuenca is really Catholic. We were teaching a lady yesterday and she believes in the whole Virgin Mary thing and in order to get to god, we need to go through Mary. IDK!! I don’t know where that doctrine came from ha-ha. It’s amazing how much the catholic religion is different around the world. Apparently in Europe it’s different, in the states it’s different, and aquí it’s different. I’m not sure what it’s like in Chile I’m curious to know. But yeah she believes Mary is who we should pray for, kinda strange huh ha-ha? So yeah I think I’ll stay here to improve my Spanish before I get transferred to an area that is a lot stronger. But idk, vamos a ver.

So before I forget, I’ve been wanting to say this for 3 -4 weeks now but is drew boat or Craig home yet? Craig should be getting home soon and I know drew left in July or august so he should be home soon too. Wow that went by so fast for them. The mission is definitely going by A LOT faster in the campo. Like I mean literally it’s going by lightning fast. 2 more weeks and I will have the same amount of time in the field as in the MTC. The MTC went by so slow for me. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the MTC, but the whole studying for 5 hours and having to do everything on a strict schedule kinda over did it for me. The only thing I miss about the MTC is the food. Not in Provo, in Peru ha-ha. The food there was delicious. The food here is good too. Mostly just a soup, and then we get a plate of rice with either chicken or beef. It’s pretty good. Something I’m going to miss a lot when I leave is the bakery. The bread here is cheap and so good!!! I’m getting fat off of the bread here ha-ha.

 I was able to fix my bottom retainer on Saturday. We were teaching a dentist lady and when we were leaving I asked the question. She said no problem ha-ha. All she did was put this white stuff to strengthen it. It’s exactly what Simmonsen did. And guess how much it cost? She wasn't going to charge me anything but I insisted and it only cost me 10 bucks. She apparently is having problems financially so I wanted to give her something. He he he how neat is that! That’s pretty neat!!! My top retainer is still holding up strong. But if it ever breaks, I’m going to have a real orthodontist do it because my top teeth are too pretty to be used for conversion tools.

Alright family I think that’s all for this week.  Alright thanks for the emails family!!! I appreciate your support and your emails and your prayers. The church is definitely true. yo sé que la iglesia de jesucristo es verdadera!! alright peace

No comments:

Post a Comment