Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Shady's Written Testimony for Dad's Teacher's Quorum

12-21-13

Hey how is it going guys!! I would just like to take a few moments and say how much I appreciated your emails! Thank you, it means a lot to me for your time. I promise I won’t get trunky here on the mission if you guys don’t get trunky on the emails ha-ha!!!
So I have a question... did you receive the email from the mission? Ha-ha guess who put that email together... Elder Gates!! I have to send that card to each missionary’s family in the mission. Yeah it took me forever to find that template to use for the Christmas card. I was looking all over for it on shutterfield and other card companies. But yeah ha-ha that’s my work! If you ever need to contact the mission, use that email. I´ll be leaving soon so my home boy Elder Ashton will be there to help you guys out.

     "Dear Family and Friends of Mission Ecuador Guayaquil South,

 At this special time of the year we express our sincere gratitude for all your prayers
and sacrifices on behalf of your missionary.  We love each and every one of them. They  are as our own and wish each the very best blessings of the Lord.

 Just as you yearn to be with your son or daughter, our Father in Heaven desires all of his children to return to HIM. Your missionary is striving to ensure just that, that each of our Heavenly Fathers children can return to him by inviting them to come unto Christ and participating in the ordinances of salvation. “ And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, …, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.” He is the only Way in life to return to our Heavenly Father.

May the Lord give you the peace you desire of knowing your missionary is in the hands of HIM who indeed gave His hands in service, in devotion, in sacrifice for each and every one of us. May God bless you for your prayers and sacrifices in this great work of salvation.

With our love and appreciation,

Sister Torres and President Torres,
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur
So this week was very fun. One of the busiest weeks of my mission ha-ha. There were 15 missionaries that went home on Friday. It was a whole lot of fun getting all their packets ready for the family and stake president. It was a pain in the butt I’m not going to lie ha-ha. And there were problems with one missionary. I was trying to send a missionary back to Honduras, and in Honduras, the missionaries need to have that vaccine card showing that they have had their vaccines. Usually the airport doesn’t ask for that, but if you are returning to Costa Rica or Honduras, you have to have that card.... this missionary never received one when he started the mission..... Ha-ha so yeah he wasn’t able to go home yesterday. I had to apply for another card, sign it, pay the money, but yeah I was able to receive the card last night and we sent the missionary off this morning at 4:00AM. So yeah I’m incredible tired right now ha-ha.
So this is the missionary that went home the day after his original flight plans. Ha-ha this was at 4:30AM... I was completely dead with sleep
This whole experience as a secretary has been fantastic. I’ve learned so much and have developed a better work ethic. I love the mission, I absolutely love this service. 
I would like to take a moment and write down my testimony for dad´s class..... 
"This mission has been a great experience. The greatest experience of my life. This mission is two years of serving the lord and leaving behind all worldly things. I thought it would be hard leaving behind my truck, my phone, facebook, making out with girls.... but to be honest, I have enjoyed my life more than ever just by serving the lord. I enjoy teaching people a gospel that can change their lives forever, I love teaching people how to pray to our heavenly father, I love answering questions and clarifying our beliefs with others, but the one thing I love more than anything, anything anything is dunking people in the water and baptizing people. Baptisms are so special, I’m in a part of the world where everyone believes in Christ, I’m literally in the best mission ever because everyone wants to listen to this message we teach and a great percentage of these people will be baptized. I love helping people change their lives, I absolutely love being an instrument of god and preaching his gospel in Spanish to the people of Ecuador."

Okay family thanks so much for everything. We talked to a member that says we can use her computer for Skype. Is it all good if we skpe like at 12 or 1? Don’t worry we´ll be talking and everything. So I can just get on Google plus and do it right? We´ll figure it out. 
Once again thanks for the emails. I love reading about each and every one of you. DONT BE GETTING TRUNKY ON ME NOW!! Ha-ha just kidding, but seriously thanks for the emails. We will be talking on Wednesday on Skype, I can´t wait to see every one of you and that awful overgrown obese cat that´s lazier than crap.
Okay family have a good week! See ya this Wednesday at 1:00PM!!!!
 I just read and looked at dad´s email and I forgot to answer a question, yes we had a baptism but right now I don’t have my camera, I’ll send pics next week!!
 It will just be best if you can stay logged into Google plus the whole morning. I´ll be logging in around 1:00PM our time ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment