Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Friday, September 6, 2013

Funny Interview! Fishing, Hunting and Sports!

8-26-13
Hey happy birthday to you all!! Happy birthday padre and madre. Wow I can’t believe you guys are 46 and 43 years old!! Time sure flies by fast no? I hope you guys have a fantastic birthday and I hope dad had a fantastic birthday also. I’m sorry I can’t send cards, here in the coast I have no idea where we mail. I think I have to travel to the north mission to send cards, it was a lot easier to sent mail in Cuenca but here it’s a little bit harder. So yeah I’m sorry you guys haven’t received anything from me, but yeah just know that I think about you guys all the time and love you guys a lot!!! 

Okay so this week was a little bit hard for me, I thought we were going to have 4 baptisms, but we only had 2 because 2 of the other baptisms went on a trip, so we only baptized Olay and Geovani. I’m hoping this Saturday we can baptize these 2 other people.




I have a very funny story that happened on Wednesday... here it goes................................so there I was, doing an interview for Sister Perez in her sector, I went with my companion Elder Bohorquez and Sister Perez and her companion sister Torres to do an interview of a kid that has 16 years. They told me before doing the interview that he’s a little shy and doesn’t seem very excited to be baptized. I decided to do the interview anyway. so I started to do the interview talking in English to excite him, didn’t work, he remained quiet and didn’t answer my questions with much excitement, so I decided to try something different, I looked around the room and I noticed something on the table, it was fishing line, I remember something I learned from sells, each buyer has their own hot buttons (ask tanner what a hot button is). So I tried to trigger this teenager’s hot buttons. I started to talk about fishing and when we started to talk about fishing, he immediately started to talk about fishing. We talked for a good 10 minutes about fishing during the interview. And after that, I decided to talk about hunting. I explained to him that I have a 30.6 and a black powder. We talked for a good 10 minutes about killing deer. Then HE asked me about sports, I told him I practiced football and wrestled. And we talked for about 10 minutes about that. So the interview lasted for a good 45 minutes in total ha-ha. He passed and was all good to go to be baptized but when we left the interview, the sister Perez was sweating and really nervous. When we left she asked me why it took so long to do the interview, I told her we talked for a good 30 minutes about fishing hunting and sports.... hahahahahah oh man she yelled at me in Spanish but after we just laughed about it ha-ha. Oh man it was funny, I was laughing very very hard. But yeah the kid was baptized on Saturday. sister Perez told me over the phone when I was getting the numbers of the week down that this kid says hi to me and wishes me luck in the mission. Yeah ha-ha it was funny.

Ha-ha can you imagine me talking about hunting fishing and sports during an interview? Well yeah I did it and it was great. I have a cool district. I want to send a picture of the district, but I don’t have a picture. Oh man I'll figure something out. Okay family I hope you enjoyed the email, I hope you have a great week and I hope you guys remain safe. Love you tons!!! Have a good week.

Geovani . Moises . Jefferson. Elder Gates




 PS Email: I'll send pictures next week!! Oh ya, we ended the change on Sunday so tonight we are going to have changes. I could leave!!!!! Peace!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment