Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Mission President Torres

7-8-13
Hey guys how are you all doing this week? I hope the 4th of July went good, I had a great 4th of July, and I got to meet our president of the mission. His name is Presidente Maximo Torres. He’s from California, and he’s a doctor and was working in New Mexico. I believe he’s just a family practice doctor. But yeah he’s awesome; he’s really nice and loving. He called everyone on the sick list to see how each one of them was doing. He called a couple elders here in Santa Rosa to see how they were doing. Yeah so he’s nice and willing to help us. He has an idea that I like a lot. He wants every one of the converts to go to the temple within a month after baptism. He wants this to happen so the retencion will be better. I love the idea, do you remember Carmen? The convert from Cuenca? Well yeah she went to the temple right away and she is really strong in the church. I talked to an elder that served in my ward in Cuenca, he said that Transito and Carmen are helping out with the work, they are giving a lot of references, feeding the missionaries, and yeah they are doing well. I did an interview on Wednesday; the person participated in an abortion so I had to call president to do the interview. President does the interviews by talking over  the phone. I gotta say, this interview was so much easier then with president Montalti ha-ha, the interview with President Torres was easy, and it’s actually a funny story ha-ha. I was using a cell phone that is a piece of crap, so I called president, explained the situation, the abortion, then he told me the pass the cell phone to the lady. so I passed the cell phone, I left the room, then like 3 seconds later, the lady leaves the room and tells me the cell phone turned off. So I panicked. So I called president again, he told me don’t worry, so I passed the cell phone again. I left the room, and the lady followed me and said that it turned off ha-ha. So I tried the same routine again, but yeah it happened again. So I was freaking out because I didn’t know how president was going to react. Because he only does interviews on Wednesday night, and I was the first appointment, so I was going to mess everyone’s interview up. So I found another cell phone, called president, and got the job done. President told me after Good job elder Gates, see you tomorrow. Ha-ha nothing more. I already know that President Torres is a man called by god to guide us. He’s really nice, and this new idea of the temple is going to help us a lot. There are going to be more converts active in the iglesia.
Okay so we had 2 baptisms last week. Carmen Mena and Angie Cherrez. Carmen  is a mother of 4 members of the church. Carmen finally felt like time was right and was baptized. The computer isn’t working so I can’t send pictures, but I will send pictures next week. Okay thanks for everything. I hope you have received all the pictures I have sent. If you haven’t, let me know so I can resend them. Love you guys a lot, I’ll write Levi and Riley to see how they are doing. Bye"!!!!

 okay so this email is made to answer dads question..... this new area is treating me very well. okay bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment