Hey guys so yeah I have some pretty big
news....... I had a pretty big and different change this week.... I had changes
on Tuesday and I found out something pretty crazy, I was called to be the new
secretary for President Torres..... Yeah they told me on Tuesday and I was
completely shocked. Elder Castro is currently the Secretary right now, he’s
from Idaho, and he’s a gringo with a Latino last name. He will be training me
for about 1 month I believe. So he will be with me and will be explaining to me
what I have to do to be a good secretary.
So basically what the secretary does is work
with Visa, passports and helps president with needs of the mission. This past
week I’ve been getting documents ready to renew visas for missionaries that
have been in the mission for a year. I do this so that the missionaries can
stay in the mission...... so yeah I’m a little nervous because if I mess up, a
missionary could be sent home to his house ha-ha. But I’m super pumped. In the
office, there are 3 other missionaries. there’s the material secretary, he’s in
charge of making sure that all the missionaries have there supplies and to make
sure missionaries have what they need in the house, that other guy is the
finance secretary, he’s in charge of making sure everyone has money and stuff,
the other guy is the historian, he’s in charge of taking out the numbers and putting
in the newly made paper work of missionaries that have been baptized, then
there are the 2 assistants. Do you remember Elder Viteri? My old companion in
Batallon? Well he’s an assistant so we are together in the mission home again ha-ha.
It’s been so fun, I have a lot of rights and I get to know a lot of stuff
because stuff happens. On Thursday, president did changes during the day,
the assistants left his office and came to my desk and told me to update the
changes. I knew all the changes that president did just like that, it was cool
being part of the changes. I gotta say, when president shuts his office door, I
feel something is happening inside, as if he was talking to god or something ha-ha
idk its cool. President Torres is really friendly, he hunts and stuff so it’s
been fun talking about that.
Okay so that’s pretty big news right? Ha-ha,
yeah I’m really surprised too. I’ll send pictures of the office next week. So
my pday is now on Saturday. We don’t have pday on Monday because we need to
help president with his personal needs. So yeah write me on Saturday.
This is the view from my apartment. I'm living in the richer part of the city. It's awesome! Ha-ha.
Okay I
have a few questions, I know all the missionaries that will be coming into the
mission Guayaquil sur. what’s the name of riley’s friend that was called to
serve in this mission? I would like to know because I have a list of missionaries
that are coming. Okay
love you lots! Bye!!
No comments:
Post a Comment