Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Special Family Baptism Today:)

9-14-13
How the heck are you guys today!!!!! Man I’m loving the weather here, it’s a bit hot but I'll will be getting very hot here soon in Guayaquil. Right now, we are in a part of the year that sort of like winter, but in December, January, February and March, it will be raining a lot and it will be very hot. I hope I’m still in the office during that time ha-ha.

Okay so this week went pretty cool. Just working and learning how to be an office secretary every day. It’s been a very special calling for me. I’m learning a butt load every day. I think this calling is perfect for me ha-ha. I’m learning a lot and I’m growing a lot more spiritual also. And the best part of this job is that we can also work in our sectors. I have some very very very very very very good news for you guys, we are going to have 6 baptisms today!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!! And the best part is this, this is a family!!!!!!!! We are going to baptize a family of 4 today. 




The dads name is Rafael, his wife is called Asucena, his daughter is named dayanara, and their son is called Anthony. It’s a family of 4. And they also have 2 little kids that aren’t 8 years old yet. And there is an older son that is 18 years old;  So yeah so in total, this family is a family of 7 people. It’s kinda like us ha-ha. Oh man I can’t believe it, I’ve been praying for a family and now god has finally given us a complete family. I’m so happy baby!!!!!!!

So nothing really new this week. I don’t have pictures for you guys this week, but next week, I will send pictures!! I make that a pinky swear promise!!!!!

Okay so funny of the story of the week, well this actually happened today. Elder Castro and me went to a Chinese restaurant to eat Mexican food.... ha-ha just kidding, we went to a Mexican restaurant to eat Chinese food.... ha-ha just kidding, we went to a Chinese restaurant to eat Chinese food. When we walked in, a girl my age was staring at me as if I were a European beach model, ha-ha just kidding, but seriously. when I sat down, she continued to stare at me, I couldn’t think about who it was, I was so confused, I knew that I knew her, but I didn’t know from where..... I was trying to figure it out. But then SUDDENLY, she started to walk over to our table with her friend..... I got scared. Seriously.. Then she approached me and smiled and said Hola Elder Gates. She then leaned in and tried to give me a kiss!!!!!!!!!!! (FYI, the girls here kiss on the cheek to greet people) so she leaned in and tried to kiss me.......... I was dumbfounded. I didn’t know what to do. So I leaned back as if I was a famous stunt person to dodge the kiss. And yes... I succeeded. She missed, and I remained worthy to be a missionary. So after that awkward encounter, we started talking.... I still had no idea who this chick was. I had an idea but I wasn’t sure if it was this girl that we were teaching in Batallon. So I decided to risk it and I made the question `so how is Batallon treatin ya!!` It was probably the most stupidest question I have ever made to a person in my life. She just smiled and said good. So yeah we didn’t talk at all. After a good 1 minute of awkward silence, her and her friend said bye and left. When they left, my companion, Elder Castro leaned over and told me `that was the most awkward conversation I have ever seen in my life` I agreed with him. To this moment, I still have no idea who she is. All I know is that I offended someone for not knowing her. 

Okay so that’s the funny story of the week. I love you guys a lot. Okay thanks for everything!!!! Goodbye!!




No comments:

Post a Comment