Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Sunday, September 1, 2013

Santa Rosa ~ New Area * 7.1.13

7-1-13


Okay family so I’m in this new area, I’m in a City called Santa Rosa, it’s a small city like 45 minutes away from a city where I was previously at, do you remember El Guabo? Well yeah I’m like 45 minutes away from there. It’s beautiful here; I like this area a lot. El Guabo doesn’t belong to the district where I’m at. Santa Rosa isn’t a stake; it’s a district, so El Guabo doesn’t belong to this district. I wanted to visit El Guabo but we just passed by, ha-ha so I wasn’t able to visit it.

We had a baptism on Saturday, his name is Andres Berrezueta. He’s awesome; he’s a great convert, even though I just knew him for a week ha-ha



 I’m in a Branch too, this Branch is amazing. We have a lot of members that help us every day. On Sunday, a member drove us around in his car to take people to church. Ya ha-ha I’m impressed with the members here. Santa Rosa is a small city, well its actually pretty big, ha-ha the Branch where I’m at, there are currently 6 missionaries working in it. I guess there isn’t a whole lot of room in the mission so president put 6 missionaries in the sector. And in the other sector, there are like 8 sister missionaries working there. So yeah it’s been pretty fun working here. We only see each other like 2 times a day; it’s not as if we see each other every minute of the day, there is plenty of room to work in the sector.


My new companion is named Elder Serpa, he’s from Peru, LimaHe has 4 months in the mission. He’s a great companion, he’s really funny, we working hard together last week, and we took 11 people to church on Sunday, we currently have 2 baptisms for this Saturday, so we are going to work hard to have these baptisms. 

Okay so I tried to take pictures of the bus trip. It didn’t go to well, but there’s an idea of where I’m at more or less. I will take pictures of the city because it’s really beautiful here.



 I’m glad the funeral went good, it was pretty sad last week, but I know without a doubt grandma is being taken care of right now. I know she is in peace. 
I have a question for Tanner, I met an elder in Guayaquil that knew Tanner in Chile, and they served in the same mission. His name is Elder Mendoza.. He’s like an Albania guy.  He’s cool, he said that they knew each other, he said Tanner was his district leader or something.
Okay family thanks for the letters and everything. so mom um, I’m kinda getting worried with my journal, I’m going to finish my big journal soon, then I’m going to get started on my other journal. Could you send JUST a journal here soon? Like a big journal ha-ha so I don’t have to worry about not having a journal. I’m writing everyday ha-ha I’m doing pretty well with that.
Oh by the way I got a letter from Brother Campbell and the bishop that was sent last year ha-ha. Oh and we have our new president, His name is President Torres. I’m going to miss Presidente Montalti; he was a great leader and helped me a lot. and I’m still the Guayaquil south ha-ha so I’m only going to be in 1 mission in my 2 years. okay thanks for the letters everyone; I love you guys a lot!! bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment