Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, December 2, 2013

Sock Spree

10-5-13
My Current Zone
This past week was very much fun. I had a great time. As you guys know, this is the last week of the transfers. That means that next week, there will be missionaries going home and missionaries coming to the field. There are 7 missionaries going home, and there will be 31 people coming to the mission!!!! Yeah our mission is growing a butt load ha-ha. And who do you think is going to pick up all these missionaries in the airport? I’ll be the person that picks the people up from the airport. With president Montalti, he would just greet people in the airport, and then take them directly to a church to have lunch and a meeting. But.... with President Torres, things are much cooler, we go from the airport to the temple, we take a group picture with all the new missionaries with president and his wife, then we go to the chapel and have a legit meeting. Did you guys receive anything from the mission when I got here? But yeah I'll be the missionary taking the picture of the 31 missionaries in front of the temple ha-ha, I’m so excited!!! It’s going to be legit!!!!

Yesterday we had 3 baptisms!!! We baptized them yesterday and confirmed them yesterday because of the conference. So yeah ha-ha we had 3 baptisms this week. We didn’t have any baptisms last week, we were never able to baptize the last boy in that family, he’s not ready to receive the evangelio yet. but I have faith!!! algun dìa!!!
Family Alcivar
Okay so today for my pday, we went to an outdoor mall and I bought stuff. I bought a tie, and I bought 6 pairs of socks for 8 dollars... is that good? they are really good pairs of socks.
2 Family's who were activated - We were able to baptize their kids:)
It looks like my secretary trainer will be leaving this 10 de Octubre, he'll be leaving and I'll be in the office by myself!! ha-ha I’m kinda nervous, but the office stuff isnt too complicated, the hardest part is just doing little stuff that president asks us. He may ask us to make a graph for him, but the whole visa and passport stuff is pretty simple, I got that down.

Okay family so I’m doing good. I forgot to respond to the good news that week about Ashlee. Tell her congrats on her engagement thing and I’m very very very happy that we beat Hurricane. 

Hey so I watched the first session today...... I loved the talks!!

Love you all,
Elder Gates

No comments:

Post a Comment