Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Saturday, December 14, 2013

Training the New Secretary -

12-7-13
 
Me on a Mammoth

Okay family how are we doing this week!! So I got some big news, I’m officially 176 lbs. I got some other really exciting news; we ate lunch today and bought a family size pizza from dominos for 10 dollars. I got some more incredible news; we are going to have a baptism next week. Yeah I know pretty cool right, oh yeah and my replacement came in. His name is Elder Ashton.
2 Pitbull Pups that I'm going to steal! 
Okay family so how has this week been for yall!? I had a really fun week this past week. We got to work in the sector quite a bit. We are going to have a baptism next week. It’s been a tough 2 weeks because we haven’t had much success, we are still trying to find more people to teach, President Torres has taught us that we need to work with the Converts Recent and try to get references. So yah we have been trying to teach the converts and taking out references. So last Sunday was a pretty good experience in fast and testimony meeting. Do you remember that family we baptized? The Alcavir family? Well yeah the mom stood up this Sunday and bore her testimony with her son. It was so cool!!!!!!! Oh men I get so pumped knowing that we are instruments of god bring this message to change the people’s life. Clint and Jaxon are going to have a blast sharing the gospel in their missions!! I don’t want Dad or Tanner to feel bad about them missing out on all the fun ha-ha.


Okay so I’ve got some news, president says that we can use Skype on Christmas!! Yeah I’m so excited!!! I was thinking we could do something, would it be possible to take a family picture using Skype. I’ll be in the computer smiling and you all can gather around the computer screen and we can take a family picture? Ha-ha that would be so cool!!!! I think we should do it so that we can have a family picture without using my cut out life size bush picture. That would be awesome!!
 
Elder Castro returning from the Galapagos Islands
Okay so I’m going to clarify a little bit paragraph 1, yeah I do have a new companion, his name is Elder Ashton, he is going to be the next Secretary to the president, Elder Ashton is a great missionary, he came on Tuesday and it’s been a blast training him. He’s learning fast. President Torres told me that I have 1 month to train him everything I know ha-ha then he said he’s got a special assignment for me so yeah we’ll see what happens ha-ha. But yeah President doesn’t want people to spend much time in the office, With President Montalti, there were missionaries that passed 1 year -15 months in the office, I would probably go insane I if had to past 1 year in the office, ha-ha so I’m glad that I have my replacement all ready to go. It’s been a great chance for me to learn and get smarter. I know I’m going to get better grades in college now ha-ha.

Okay family thanks for everything. I’ll send pictures this week, we took quite a few this week. I love you all so much!! Take care!!

Saludos cordiales,

Élder Gates
Secretario del Presidente

Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment