11-16-13
Hey guys how the heck are ya´ll this week. I´m
doing fantastic. This week has been a lot of fun due to trying to get all the missionaries
flight plans all set and organized. I was able to organize everything so that
no one arrives later than 11:30am on Tuesday. President wanted everyone here
before 12:00pm so yeah it was a lot of fun ha-ha. We will be having the
training meeting on Tuesday for all the missionaries. During this meeting,
president stands up and explains the mission, and then the assistants stand and
explain what their job is in the mission, then all the secretary's stand up and
explains where their duties are in the office. So I’m going to stand and
basically say my job is to make sure that everyone is in the country legally ha-ha.
That’s basically what I do and help president and stuff. So yeah I’m looking
forward to it. We will be receiving 24 missionaries next week, and 17 of
them are North americans. So yeah we are receiving a lot of North Americans ha-ha
it’s a blast! So I'll be talking in Spanish and switching to English when I talk
to them on Tuesday! I’m of course going to make a joke during my speech so just
imagine me talking to them on Tuesday at like 4 a clock ha-ha.
Okay so this week was a whole lot better. We
managed to take 11 people to church on Sunday... so yeah we are getting a lot
better. We are working a lot with the less actives to try to get them back to
church. The area is really wanting us to work more with converts and with less
actives, that’s what the prophet has commanded and that’s what we need to do.
So we will be working a lot more with less actives this week.
I enjoy all the emails that come from you guys.
I was actually REALLY surprised that Tori is pregnant ha-ha! Tell her and
Alex congrats! I’m really happy for them. And that’s awesome hearing that
Clint is going to the temple often. I had a fun experience happen to me yesterday ha-ha.
So I went to the temple with another secretary in the office. We went in the
morning because the temple worker called me and said there is baptismal
clothing that he wants to donate to us. So we went and arrived in the temple, one
of the temple workers guided us down to the baptismal dead font for us to retrieve
the clothes. We arrived down there, and one of the temple workers asked us if
we can sacrifice 10 minutes of our time and be witnesses. Ha-ha I had no idea
what to say. So I was like.... uh yeah sure. So we sat there for 15 minutes and
were witness for baptisms. It was cool. The first time that I have been a
witness before ha-ha.
Okay so I’m looking forward to talking to you
guys on Christmas. It’s going to be awesome!!
También quisiera decir FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS A
MI HERMANITA. FELIZ CUMPLAÑOS A TI! ESPERO QUE TENGAS UN BUEN DÍA Y MUCHA
FELICIDAD. TE AMO HERMANA!! ERES LA HERMANA MÁS CHEVRE EN LA FAMILIA! (Cassidee's Birthday message)
Okay family thanks for the emails I love you all
so much!! keep on with your prayers. can you tell me how you are doing your
rotations with the prayers so I know who is praying every night? ha-ha that
would be cool. Okay fam have a fantastic day!!!! PEACE!!!
cordial greetings,
Élder Gates
Secretario del Presidente
Misión Ecuador Guayaquil Sur
(
No comments:
Post a Comment