11-30-13
Hey how
are we doing this week? I had a fantastic week same as always ha-ha. So I’m
currently in a cyber right now that smells like something just smoked a whole
bunch of crack ha-ha. GOTTA LOVE GUAYAQUIL!!! Ha-ha just kidding, I’m actually proselyting
in an area that is very rich and nice. Well actually I’m in one that is rich
but my sector is kinda less poor. But I like the poor sectors a whole lot
better because the people are a lot more humble ha-ha. For example yesterday,
we went to a family`s house that we are teaching and they gave us crab,
literally they put crab in boiling water and they took it out and gave it to
us. Do you remember that picture I sent of me and Elder Leininger eating crab? Ha-ha
so it was something like that.
Oh just a heads up, I have a new companion. His name is Elder Martinez from Mexico!!! In the office, the Secretary to the president is usually with the Record keeping secretary. So yeah we do this because it’s easier and because we both work with each other in the office. Elder Leininger is still the finance secretary but right now he`s with the material secretary. They work with each other more buying materials and finding homes for the missionaries. speaking of homes I have to answer one of dad`s questions. In Novembre, we received 23 missionaries. And only 4 missionaries went home. So we have been having to look for new homes for the new missionaries. Just about every home can fit 4 missionaries, so yeah we have like 80 or 70 homes right now in the mission. It’s been pretty crazy trying to get everything organized. But yeah we did it!! We’ll be losing like 15 missionaries in Decembre so yeah it’s all good.
Oh just a heads up, I have a new companion. His name is Elder Martinez from Mexico!!! In the office, the Secretary to the president is usually with the Record keeping secretary. So yeah we do this because it’s easier and because we both work with each other in the office. Elder Leininger is still the finance secretary but right now he`s with the material secretary. They work with each other more buying materials and finding homes for the missionaries. speaking of homes I have to answer one of dad`s questions. In Novembre, we received 23 missionaries. And only 4 missionaries went home. So we have been having to look for new homes for the new missionaries. Just about every home can fit 4 missionaries, so yeah we have like 80 or 70 homes right now in the mission. It’s been pretty crazy trying to get everything organized. But yeah we did it!! We’ll be losing like 15 missionaries in Decembre so yeah it’s all good.
Okay family so we are teaching an awesome family. The youngest boy
(9 years old) went to church on Sunday with some friends, we went and taught
him in his house and we found out his mom is a member and he has 4 brothers that
are really interested. The dad is more interested than all of them, but the
dad is married to another person, he got married like 20 years ago, so he has
to get divorced before getting married. Yeah it’s a pain in the butt getting
divorced in Ecuador. So I’m not sure how this is going to work out with the
dad.
Okay family thanks for all your emails, let me answer dad`s
questions, yes we have had to open up new sectors. We opened up a sector in a
city called Naranjal. The ex assistant to the president is the branch president
there. There are 6 missionaries working over there right now. We also doubled
up the missionaries in the Galapagos. There are 2 missionaries in the island
called San Cristobal and 4 missionaries in the main island Santa Cruz. There
are 2 missionaries and 2 sister missionaries over there. And yeah we have
doubled up each sector with 4 missionaries so it’s been awesome. There will be
13 leaving on the 20 of Decembre and 8 coming on the 30 of Decembre so I’m
excited!!!
Okay family thanks so much for you help and your prayers. I’m
loving the work in the office. It gets pretty stressful sometimes but it’s been
a great blessing. I’ve learned a lot being with President Torres, he’s a great
president and he was definitely called by god to serve here with us. I’m not
sure how long I will be in the office ha-ha. I`ll just do whatever god commands
me to do ha-ha. I love you guys a lot!!! Take care!!!
Kind regards,
Elder gates
No comments:
Post a Comment