Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, December 2, 2013

Busy Day With Secretarial Duties -

10-26-13

Hey how are you guys doing!! Sorry this letter is going to you guys so late. So we have been pretty busy all day ha-ha. We started out doing some planning for the next week at 8 in the morning. Then we cleaned the house. Then we didn’t leave the house till about 12 pm. We had to buy a lot of stuff for The Leadership counsel on Monday. The entire Zone leaders and Sister leaders are coming on Monday for a meeting with President. We have had to buy stuff to give to the missionaries, we had to buy some stuff for the Nurses, and we had to organize lunch.... ha-ha yeah it’s been a blast. It’s been very busy being the secretary, but I gotta say it’s been a very neat blessing. Often, we have to give blessings to missionaries who are having a hard time with the mission, or missionaries that are sick. I have the chance to be in the circle with President Torres and I gotta say, this is a man of god without a doubt. He’s very powerful and says the correct things to help people in the mission. We had 31 missionaries come on the 8th of October, and they are all pretty much 18 year olds, so yeah there are a few that are having a hard time. I know god Chose President Torres for a reason, because he has helped out a lot of missionaries. But yeah I gotta say it’s been a great experience. I don’t know how much time I have to be in the office, I don’t think I will end my mission in the office, but I’ll probably be in the office when I’m ending. Did I tell you that Elder Castro went to the Galapagos? ha-ha so yeah maybe I might go to an exotic place after ha-ha.

Okay so this week went very well. We are going to baptize a little girl that turns 8 years old tomorrow ha-ha. the rule is this, if none of her parents are members, she can be a part of the mission work at 8 years old. These girls’ parents aren’t members, she always goes to church with the Bishop, and the Bishop is her uncle ha-ha. so yeah we are going to baptize her tomorrow. so that will be fun. Also next week, there’s a young couple that will get married next week on the 31 of October, and they will be baptized on the 2 of November together. So HOW NEAT IS THAT!!!

Okay so I’m having a good experience being in the office. I might need to take out some money because I would like to buy a device that I can insert my memory card of my camera, and then I can insert the device into the USB port. Because the computer where I’m writing doesn’t have a slot for a memory card, and I lost my cord like 8 months ago ha-ha.

That’s awesome about the Gublers ha-ha. tell them congrats!! And yes I received the package from Kason and Jessica, tell them thanks and I loved the Taffy. The Latinos had never tried taffy so they really loved it. yeah I shared with them ha-ha.

That’s neat about Mitzi and Macey. They will be great misioneras.

Okay family thanks for all the emails. I’m not sure about the whole mission blog. It sounds like president wants to start a facebook thing so I think we’ll have something going on here soon. thanks for everything family!! I love you guys a lot!! take care!!!

Saludos Cordiales,
Elder Gates


No comments:

Post a Comment