Ecuador, Guayaquil South Mission


Monday, December 2, 2013

Familiar Face At The Ecuador Airport -

10-12-13
Okay everyone how are you all doing!? So I’ve got some good news, I received the package from you guys, I just got to say, that package was amazing!!! I absolutely loved it!! The journal is perfect, the jerky is delicious, I liked the markers that you put it in, and the peanut butter was awesome............. and....... I loved the pictures that you sent me. Oh Layla is so cute. I’ll be seeing her this Christmas baby!! I was very shocked with the newspaper article I received about Brian Scott. I had no idea that he had cancer. It was a very inspiring story. You can really apply that story in a bunch of situations. I hope everything works out with him, he’s an incredible athlete.

So I loved the 20 dollars that you gave me ha-ha, I used that money to buy a new back pack for the mission. The back pack only cost 15 dollars so it seemed perfect. I think you were all inspired to put that 20 dollars in my package ha-ha.

Okay so now for the week, the 31 missionaries made it all safe and sound to the mission, funny story. I was in the airport receiving all the missionaries, then a missionary that I recognized a little bit came up to me and asked me if I’m Clint gates’ older brother. I stood there dumbfounded for a couple seconds ha-ha. I was like `yeah ha-ha he’s my younger brother, how do you know him? ` He told me that he lives down the street from our house ha-ha. His name is Dillon hunt I think? He told me that he would take Clint to school for a while. Ha-ha I thought it was hilarious. But yeah you can talk to his family tomorrow in church and tell them that we received Elder Hunt and he is safe and sound here in Ecuador. ha-ha but Riley`s friend, we still haven’t received him yet. Maybe he isn’t coming to this mission, maybe it’s a different Guayaquil mission. There are 3 missions in Guayaquil so maybes it different.

So today we have 1 baptism. Remember Jhostin?  We are going to baptize his older sister today. It’s going to be cool. Oh so Elder Castro left, he had changes ha-ha. And guess where he went.... he went to the Galapagos! He’s in San Cristobel right now ha-ha. He’s out there opening up a new sector. So yeah he’s lucky ha-ha. 


My new companion is named Elder Leininger. He’s cool, he’s the finance secretary and he’s from Texas. He’s a really humble missionary. We are going to have a lot of success together. 

Okay so that’s it for the week. The week was super busy; it’s going to be a lot calmer this week. ha-ha so it’s pretty interesting  because we don’t have missionaries going home until Diciembre, and in November we have 21 missionaries coming.... yeah I don’t know where all the missionaries are going to go ha-ha. President Torres has done a great job opening up new sectors and finding new places. I know everything will work out. The 12 apostles are sending us missionaries because they know there is room for them here. Ha-ha okay so I love you guys a lot. Thank you so much for the emails.  Okay guys have a good week! Love you!!

I ate goat today ha-ha it was awesome!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment